Men and Women of Character
- The world needs men and women. . .
- who cannot be bought;
- whose word is their bond;
- who put character above wealth;
- who possess opinions and a strong will;
- who are larger than their vocations;
- who do not hesitate to take risks;
- who will not lose their individuality in a crowd;
- who will be as honest in small affairs as in greater;
- who will make no compromise with wrong;
- whose ambitions are not confined to their own selfish desires;
- who will not say they do it "because everybody else does it;"
- who are true to their friends through good and bad,
in adversity as well as in prosperity;
- who do not believe that shrewdness, cunning,
and hardheadedness are the best qualities
for winning success;
- who are not ashamed or afraid to stand for the truth
when it is unpopular;
- who can say "no" with emphasis, although all the rest
of the world says "yes."
Top of Page