Dr. Whitt N. Schultz
There are 10 traits exhibited by successful leaders in almost every field. They are…
- They observe with application. They observe and absorb. They look at everything as if it were the first and last time they would ever see it.
- They know how to listen – really listen! Listening is wanting to hear.
- They take copious notes. They capture ideas as their senses respond to them.
- They welcome ideas, urging others to bring their best thinking on a subject. They're open, responsive, sensitive, aware and encouraging.
- They value time highly. They use it skillfully.
- They set regular goals, and expend their energies toward devising ways to reach those goals.
- They try to understand first. Then, and only then, do they judge.
- They always anticipate achievement, and they build on their strengths.
- They know how to ask clear, courteous and incisive questions. Questions are the creative acts of intelligence.
- They know how to organize their approach to challenges, and how to focus their total mind power on the relevant.