Here are seven of the signs I came up with...
- You understand that failure is a result of trying something that didnít work out as you planned, not a description of you as a person. Itís a result of an attempt at something, not a personal condition.
- You know that success doesnít make you a good person anymore than failure makes you a bad person. Both are the outcomes, not a personal badge of honor or dishonor.
- You know that many of the troubles of the world are the result of men and women trying to force their self-importance on others. While we all like to feel important, you let your others honor you rather than shouting "here I am, notice me!" You understand that the greater virtue lies in deserving honors rather than receiving them.
- You have made peace with your past. You live without anger or bitterness over yesterdayís sorrows and tribulations. You do not continue to punish yourself for mistakes made because you understand you have paid the price for them through the law of cause and effect.
- You know your tomorrows depend on the things you do today, so you plan and work for things that do not offer instant gratification. You work with one eye on today and one on the future, knowing that in due time you will be rewarded.
- You have learned to be comfortable with yourself and accept yourself for who you are, warts and all. You also intentionally strive to keep becoming a better and better person. You know that life isnít about finding yourself, itís about creating yourself through intentional personal evolution.
- You focus on your responsibilities instead of your inabilities. You do the best you can with what you have to work with and donít blame others for the outcomes that are your responsibility.
Thatís seven from my list.Ö
What about your list, have you given it any thought?