dreamt I had an interview with God. "Come in," God said. "So,
you would like to interview Me?"
"If you have the time," I said.
God smiled and said: "My time is eternity and is enough to do
everything; what questions do you have in mind to ask me?"
"What surprises you most about mankind?"
- That they get bored of being children, are in a rush to
grow up, and then long to be children again.
- That they lose their health to make money and then lose
their money to restore their health.
- That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget
the present, such that they live neither for the present nor
- That they live as if they will never die, and they die
as if they had never lived.
Godís hands took mine and we were silent for a while and then I
askedÖ"As a parent, what are some of lifeís lessons you want your
children to learn?"
God replied with a smile:
- To learn that they cannot make anyone love them.
What they can do is to let themselves be loved.
- To learn that what is most valuable is not what they
have in their lives, but who they have in their lives.
- To learn that it is not good to compare themselves
to others. All will be judged individually on their own
merits, not as a group on a comparison basis!
- To learn that a rich person is not the one who has
the most, but is one who needs the least.
- To learn that it only takes a few seconds to open
profound wounds in persons we love, and that it takes
many years to heal them.
- To learn to forgive by practicing forgiveness.
- To learn that there are persons that love them
dearly, but simply do not know how to express or show
- To learn that money can buy everything but
- To learn that two people can look at the same thing
and see it totally differently.
- To learn that a true friend is someone who knows
everything about themÖ and likes them anyway.
- To learn that it is not always enough that they be
forgiven by others, but that they have to forgive
I sat there for a while enjoying the moment. I thanked Him for
his time and for all that He has done for me and my family, and He
replied, "Anytime. Iím here 24 hours a day. All you have to do is
ask for me, and Iíll answer."
"People will forget what you said.
People will forget what you did,
but people will never forget
how you made them feel."